Wildlife Marine undertakes independent scientific research and contracted consultancy to international peer-review standards. Our research program actively identifies and investigates gaps in contemporary scientific knowledge, with findings published online, in international journals, and through award-winning documentaries. Our consultancy contracts however, are undertaken in strict confidence, and are tailored to meet the specific needs of managers, NGO's and regulatory agencies.
Wildlife Marine has traditionally focused on shark and fish projects, however terrestrial and coastal projects are being increasingly undertaken. We offer the design and implementation of field, laboratory and desktop research from the ground-up. Areas of specialty include:
- Animal and biota surveys including visual censuses and remote video capture
- Tagging and tracking marine fishes, sharks and turtles
- Quantifying the behaviours and interactions of marine predators and prey
- Age, growth and demography of sharks and commercial fishes
- Reducing human-shark interactions including aerial detections and in-water repellants
- Risk assessments of marine-associated shark, mammal, fish and bird species
- Developing and presenting workshops for Governments, universities and NGO's
- Analysis and refinement of Government strategic and operational plans
- Complete project design and implementation
The Wildlife Marine website is continually updated as non-confidential projects are announced. If you would like further information or wish to discuss a collaboration or research need, please contact us through the contact form.