Wildlife Marine is an independent research entity which undertakes scientific research and contracted consultancy to international peer-review standards. Our research program actively identifies and investigates gaps in contemporary scientific knowledge, with findings published online, in international journals, and through award-winning documentaries. Our consultancy contracts however, are undertaken in strict confidence, and are tailored to meet the specific needs of managers, NGO's and regulatory agencies.
Wildlife Marine has traditionally focused on shark and fish projects, however terrestrial and coastal projects are being increasingly undertaken. We offer total project design and implementation, including field, laboratory and desktop research from the ground-up. Areas of specialty include:
- Reducing human-shark interactions and assessing aerial and aquatic mitigation measures
- Quantifying the behaviours and interactions of sharks and their prey
- Acoustic and satellite tagging and tracking of sharks and fishes
- Internal and external tagging and biological data collection of marine turtles
- Animal and biota surveys including visual censuses and remote video capture
- Age, growth and demography of temperate and tropical fishes and sharks
- Risk assessments of marine-associated shark, mammal, fish and bird species
- Developing and leading technical and operational workshops for Governments, universities and NGO's
- Review and refinement of Government operational and management plans
The Wildlife Marine website is continually updated as non-confidential projects are announced. If you would like further information or wish to discuss a collaboration or research need, please contact us through the contact form.